Saturday, July 14, 2007

Paper Chase

It's been over year since we started this process and it finally seems like it may come to completion soon. I can hardly believe that we may actually be able to hold our daughter soon. The ache is becoming more intense than I thought I could tolerate, but the Lord has been faithful to give us mercy when we need it.

For those of you familiar with the adoption process, you know that the first few months are entirely comprised of tracking down the various papers that comprise your life story from birth to present. The initial paperwork is just the simple application to the agency stating that you would like to begin the adoption process. I think they make this fairly unintimidating so that you don't suspect what's coming.


The next twelve months involve writing reports on books and classes, collecting bank statements, check stubs, mortgage information, criminal background checks, fingerprinting, birth certificates, marriage certificates, proof of employment, letters of recommendation, police clearance, medical forms, passports, homestudies, US citizen and immigration paperwork, etc... And you'll be surprised to know that the reward for all the hard work that it takes to round-up and copy all these important documents is that even more paperwork is mailed to you. However, those in the process know that each single slip of paper that comes in the mail is anxiously awaited and completely priceless!


So that you can know where in the process we are... Letter of intent sent February 8, 2007 ; Home study completed May 15, 2007 ; Pre-approal received April 6, 2007 ; Dossier to China June 19, 2007. (I had to forgo the "short-hand" so that more people could understand!)


Thank you for checking in on our journey and please feel free to stop back anytime!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you're a blogger, Andi. I never found the time to do something like this...just attempted a website when Clark & Celia were in China. I think it's still there: http://home.comcast.net/~cxjcarey

I'll check your blog regularly!

Love, Janet

Anonymous said...

THE AMOUNT OF WORDS THAT CAN BE USED TO DESCRIBE WHAT U AND UR FAMILY ARE DOING ARE ASTRONOMICAL , HOWEVER THE WORD THAT I WOULD USE TO DEFINE IT IS "G-O-D", BECAUSE I TRULY FEEL GOD IS LOVE, I WILL FORWARD THIS TO AS MANY AS I CAN TO HELP SUPPORT.

SINCERELY; RLF.